MC Marshy
17 Apr 2006 11:16:59
This forum is getting some lag
I've been coming onto this forum yesterday and today and there is a bit of lag going on during some occasions. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Mindless
17 Apr 2006 14:41:59
Re: This forum is getting some lag
I'm getting it too... Garjen moved their forum database from YaBB to IPB, so maybe it is possible... I think that would be the best solution, since whenever this forum is lagging, the IPB isn't.
JM
18 Apr 2006 17:41:03
I'm getting lag when I enter this forum. I always think it's my internet connection as my internet has been lagging for a bit today but I hope my internet is ok now. I hope Andi knows the lag has returned.
Andi
19 Apr 2006 09:50:23
I also have now lags again.

But we have problems anyway.
As you may know, this server also hosts my Lemmings-Homepage. All the posts cost a lot of space and I already deleted some of the bigger downloads, but are again only 1,7 megs free and I always have to keep a bit free to make sure the forum doesn't crash. And I can't size up the space as I have no money for it. I'll have a look at the downloads again and delete some unimportant.

As for IPB: I read you have to purchase a license, which I won't do. MySQL-Forums are a problem anyway, as I have only a 5 MB free.

Seems like it was a bad idea to host here...
JM
20 Apr 2006 14:29:03
I'm getting some lag at the minute when accessing this forum.
Mindless
20 Apr 2006 23:33:27
As for IPB: I read you have to purchase a license, which I won't do. MySQL-Forums are a problem anyway, as I have only a 5 MB free.

The version I gave you is an unlimited-use trial -- Invision basically sold technical support for the 1.x versions.  If you want 2.x, however, there is no trial.
Ice_Eagle
21 Apr 2006 00:51:48
Actually, this forum is getting too much lag, not some.

In fact, I'm getting the lags every day! I hate it!  >:(
Andi
21 Apr 2006 10:02:46
Would you please test if the new forum also lags for you? You haven't answered in the old thread. (Test Forum)
JM
21 Apr 2006 11:39:29
Would you please test if the new forum also lags for you? You haven't answered in the old thread. (Test Forum)

It works ok for me. No lag.
MC Marshy
22 Apr 2006 11:54:59

It works good for me. I didn't get any lag from it.
EricLang
23 Apr 2006 19:01:42
This forum is sometimes very slow and sometimes normal with me. Today it's lagging very much.
0xdeadbeef
23 Apr 2006 21:40:35
Well, all in all this is the forum with the worst performance of those I know.
There are days/times when it simply won't load at all.
I'd say it's (also) a matter of day time: there are times when it's ok, but others (like now) when I need minutes to change to a forum or thread. Often I simply give up after several timeouts.
JM
03 May 2006 19:52:40
Forum back!

I hope all goes well for now
Ahribar
03 May 2006 20:26:25
Not for me it's not  :(  I don't notice the lag being significantly less than it was before.
Andi
04 May 2006 14:12:21
I'm not sure if you people read my posts, but whatever.

No one told me if the PHP forum did work better. (Not that I asked for...) But also no one said it's still bad. So I guess PHP works faster. That's what I wanted to know. I did NOT work on this Perl forum. And I also still got NO email about the server movements. All I can do right now is waiting til the server movement is done and check if something has changed.
Mindless
04 May 2006 23:05:58
I have never experienced a lag on the PHP forum, even when this one is lagging!
Marshy
05 May 2006 13:27:01
This forum does lag now and again. Mindless I've never experienced lag with any other forum apart from this one. Something must be causing this.

There are probably a few people waiting for levelpaks to go up on the Lemmings file archive at the minute. I've got a 7th and 8th waiting but you could do that in your freetime Mindless.

I'll probably relax now I've given my room a clean. The lag is evil!
Andi
11 May 2006 14:37:43
News:

I just recieved an email from my SP in which they told me the transfer will be start at the 29th of this month. Pretty much time til there, I know, but I hope for the best.