Chmera
11 Mar 2006 17:50:45
Lemmings Cartoon
I and my friend, Khatoblepas, have been brainstorming on MSN on a little idea of ours: a Saturday-morning style cartoon starring our favourite green haired... thingies.

It's a work-in-progress, so we need all the inspiration we can get.

Current... Stuff:

Characters: 1 fairly developed, 1 waiting in the wings

Storyline: Nothing yet

Artwork: 1 MSPaint thinger

Developed Characters

Beatnik: A classic lemming with attitude. He tries to be cool, calm and mysterious, but he gets pretty stressy when somebody cramps his style or annoys him. He tends to be overdramatic and hates his real name.
--

And just for you, Lomay, the waiting-in-the-wings character is Lomax. [smiley=laugh.gif]
Timmy the Geek
11 Mar 2006 18:00:21
Re: Lemmings Cartoon
Interesting idea.  I'm currently learning Flash ,so we could make it into a flash series.  It will take a while though, I currently know nothing of how to use flash.
Chmera
11 Mar 2006 21:51:03
Yes. WE NEED YOU.

We need animators, artists and the like. Desperately. =P
Khatoblepas
11 Mar 2006 22:52:14
Hee! =P I'm the guy who drew that lemming there. I'm an amateur animator too, but I can only do sprite (in game =P) and freehand animation on a lightbox, and I'm not too good at drawing (yet). =P

Yay for Lemmings! Saturday Morning Cartoon shows neeeed you!
Jazzem
11 Mar 2006 23:35:33
Welcome to the forums khato :)

I know no flash at all (although I'm interested, could someone reccomend me a good place to start?) but it's a great idea.
Mr. Ksoft / Timmy the Geek
12 Mar 2006 01:42:57
I haven't found much of anything useful to get help for flash, except the tutorial that comes with it.  Maybe I can weasel some info out of my friend, who's working on a HUGE series of cartoons.  I'll start messing with Lemmings stuff once I figure out the program and work with my planned experiment movie, dubbed "The Insanity".  Until then, keep planning! Maybe eventually I can make a preview of sorts.

PS.  I can also (sorta) do voice acting.  And some poor music composition.
Jazzem
12 Mar 2006 12:09:24
I can do a high pitched cartoony voice if necessary! ;)
drumnbach
13 Mar 2006 01:41:24
My idea of what a Lemmings cartoon would be like is a wordless and surreal art-house animation. There would be one camera following a trail of lemmings across a beautifully drawn two dimensional map, and each individual lemming's journey would be portrayed, whether he dies or makes it to the exit.

EDIT: Oh, and I could easily churn out a few songs if you ever get it off the ground.
Chmera
16 Mar 2006 17:38:06
Thanks for your help, guys. More stuff to come soon. Hopefully. =P