Lomay
27 Feb 2006 21:31:05
Pancake day.
yay for pancakes!  :D :D :D
Jazzem
27 Feb 2006 22:13:08
Re: Pancake day.
It's pancake day tommorow!? It's fun being forgetful :D

Pancakes are pretty tasty, but they're one of those things that I can only eat a little bit of before getting sick of the stuff (Tuna being another example).
Anatol
27 Feb 2006 22:56:04
Eh? Pancake Day? What is that?? :o
Lomay
28 Feb 2006 07:32:22
It's pancake day tommorow!? It's fun being forgetful :D

Pancakes are pretty tasty, but they're one of those things that I can only eat a little bit of before getting sick of the stuff (Tuna being another example).

i see, oh dear ^^;
MC Marshy
28 Feb 2006 20:45:53
Oooh pancakes I love them :P
Mr. Ksoft
01 Mar 2006 02:22:56
Pancake day?  PANCAKE DAY!? The heck!?

Why PANCAKES?  Is there a Waffle Day or French Toast Day!?  I like those much better.

Pancakes are decent though, they just give me an awful aftertaste unless I drink chocolate milk with em.
MC Marshy
01 Mar 2006 14:52:14

Why PANCAKES?  Is there a Waffle Day or French Toast Day!?  I like those much better.

Pancakes are decent though, they just give me an awful aftertaste unless I drink chocolate milk with em.

It's best to eat pancakes by themselves  ;)

That's just how I would eat them. Later I would have a drink of water.
Andi
02 Mar 2006 14:02:15
I like them with sugar and cinnamon (?) or cheese or baked together with some apple pieces.

Btw, is it true, Americans eat them as breakfast?
Lemika
02 Mar 2006 18:57:56
Pancakes? Yeah, they usually get eaten for breakfast over here. Speaking for myself, at least, I'll sometimes randomly eat them for lunch, but that's not generally done.

I usually like pancakes with some kind of chocolate syrup or with cheese melted on them. I also like waffles.
Andi
04 Mar 2006 11:24:20
I guess then there are not as big as I know them. Because otherwise they'd porobably be way too "heavy" as breakfast.
Ahribar
05 Mar 2006 12:23:04

Why PANCAKES?

Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday) is the day before the start of Lent. It was traditional to make pancakes to use up the eggs and stuff that wouldn't get eaten during Lent (which was a period of fasting). Many people still keep the pancake tradition even though we don't fast during Lent any more, either because we're more greedy these days, or just because pancakes are awesome!  ;)
Mindless
06 Mar 2006 12:35:41

Why PANCAKES?

Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday) is the day before the start of Lent. It was traditional to make pancakes to use up the eggs and stuff that wouldn't get eaten during Lent (which was a period of fasting). Many people still keep the pancake tradition even though we don't fast during Lent any more, either because we're more greedy these days, or just because pancakes are awesome!  ;)

Ah, Fat Tuesday.  :P
dumb_lem
08 Mar 2006 19:00:57
Pancakes are good, especially with syrup. My german survey(super-basic level 0.5 german class that doesn't even go the whole school year unfortunately) teacher made us pancakes that apparently were "German Pancakes". Either she makes bad pancakes or Deutsch pancakes are bad. Andi, how are the pancakes over there in Bremen or Berlin or wherever you are? :-?

Andi, pancakes actually are pretty big sometimes, I've seen some about a foot in diameter and about half an inch thick and you're served two of them... And people wonder why three fourths of America is 500 pounds :P. Yet they are served as breakfast.
Timballisto
08 Mar 2006 20:17:57
And people wonder why three fourths of America is 500 pounds :P. Yet they are served as breakfast.

Uh...bit of an exaggeration there...yeah...although the message behind that is legit, the numbers attached to that message are definitely not those ones.  If they were, there would be something SERIOUSLY wrong.

EDIT: and Insane Steve would then have another avatar!
Chmera
08 Mar 2006 20:43:34
I remember this year's pancake day, and I remember it well. I had four pancakes.  [smiley=laugh.gif]
Lomay
10 Mar 2006 10:38:46
I remember this year's pancake day, and I remember it well. I had four pancakes.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

=]