Zentaur
04 Feb 2006 10:54:03
Lemming animated gifs
I was on search on the net, whether there are some animated lemming-gifs with their different functions. As simple as in the original first games.
I just found a right-walker, a left-walker and a blocker.
Does someone have a collection, or can tell me where to find it?
Mindless
04 Feb 2006 19:18:06
Re: Lemming animated gifs
If you think you'd be able to put them together yourself, I can point you towards my graphics ripper and DAT decompressor.  If not, you may have to wait a bit, or have someone else do it, since I'm drowning in school work.  :'(
Zentaur
04 Feb 2006 23:18:53
I don't understand anything about graphic rippers and DAT decompressors. Is it difficult to handle?
Mindless
05 Feb 2006 00:24:57
If you've never used a graphics ripper before, you probably won't want to touch mine.  ;D

Anyway, as I rip them, they'll be placed here.  I've realized Adobe ImageReady makes it really simple to make animated GIFs, so I may be able to get them done faster then I expected.
Zentaur
05 Feb 2006 00:40:26
hm. Image Ready and Photo Shop I can really handle. So if it is a lot of work you can leave this part to me.

I want to add these lemmings to the smileys-collection of a forum, you know. Maybe this would fit here as well . . . .

Thank you so far!
ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest)
05 Feb 2006 00:50:05
I want to add these lemmings to the smileys-collection of a forum, you know. Maybe this would fit here as well . . . .

Interesting idea!  Although, aren't smiley's suppose to emote? ;) I'm not sure what would be conveyed with a basher smilie for example (other than maybe "cool smilie" ;)).
Zentaur
05 Feb 2006 01:00:37
Ah, if a forum has a really big smiley-collection, then there are often some icons more, than just 100% emotion-signs. And I think the lemmings as they are, are a humorous expression of indifference. (They just don't mind, do they)

Additionally the forum where I wanna add it (http://www.goverband.at , German-speaking) is about the ancient game of Go. A highly strategic game (much higher then chess) where you often have to -> sacrifice <- some stones or a group of stones.

So I think this fits . . .
Anatol
05 Feb 2006 04:30:24
http://membres.lycos.fr/createmania/

This page has them all, I think.
Zentaur
05 Feb 2006 11:31:55
TRUE! Thanks a lot, Anatol!

http://membres.lycos.fr/createmania/lemmings2.html if someone wants the deep link!
Zentaur
05 Feb 2006 13:22:21
If anyone prefers to have the lemmings without any black background (as I prefer for the forum), just take it from here:

Thanks a lot, guys! Good bye!
DragonsLover
11 Feb 2006 20:21:39
Yep, that's my (old and ugly) page! :)

BUT: The walker's animation is wrong! In fact, the gif size should be longer for the animation to be correct. Because now, the lemming go back one pixel at some frames. My mistake!

The basher seems to be a little broken too. And the miner, well... if you look carefully, the feet of the miner goes up one space each time. This is because the lemming is supposed to go down diagonnally this time.
Anatol
11 Feb 2006 22:50:43
So you made those yourself, DragonsLover? They're pretty cool.

I hope you don't mind, but I put them on my own website quite a while ago.  ::)
DragonsLover
20 Feb 2006 01:57:15
Yes, I did them myself. I used Animation Shop 2. I've just taken the frames from WinLemm and put them in there to make the animations in gif. I realised too that the pixel size is different in some anims. So, correcting this and the walker anim and it's should be all right!