Leviathan
11 Dec 2005 19:59:21
Superlem mode
I've read things about a byte somewhere but didn't understand anything about it...

So my question: How do I enable superlem mode on a level?
geoo89
11 Dec 2005 20:35:09
Re: Superlem mode
Well, to add SuperLemming mode to a level, you'll need to use a hex editor to change the special byte as long as no editor exists supporting that feature.
That means, at first you need to get a hex editor. I use UltraEdit32, but I don't now whether it is for free.
I think someone else should be able to tell you where to get a good one, or search in the internet for one.
Anyway, once you got one, you just need to edit the special byte in your level. Viewing the *.lvl file in the hexeditor, you need to change the fifteenth byte (second to last) in the second row to FF.
That would be actually all, if LemEdit wouldn't reset this byte and the byte after to 01 and 05 as soon as you edit the level with it.
Therefore, you need to use Mindless' Lemming file compressor (I think that's not the exact name, and I neither know the thread were you could download it, sorry EDIT: download here: http://forum.lemmingswelt.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1125127380) to compress your level(s) into a pack.
Only then you can play it with this effect. But as soon as you re-edit the level with LemEdit, you have to do this procedure (hex-editing, compressing) again.
Therefore I recommend to edit and check the level first and only when you're completely done with it add the SuperLemming mode.
Leviathan
11 Dec 2005 22:09:27
I got a hex editor and modified the specified byte and compressed it,and nothing has changed.
I'm sure the .lvl file was modified.

EDIT: My hex editor had a different layout so the row/collumn thing didn't match. I modified the byte at 0x001E and now it works :)
Thanks!

By the way compressing levels with that compressor is way faster than Lemedit :)
ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest)
11 Dec 2005 23:31:28
That would be actually all, if LemEdit wouldn't reset this byte and the byte after to 01 and 05 as soon as you edit the level with it.

Hmm, sounds like something I should try to hack away.