ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest)
05 Dec 2005 01:02:10
NES Lemmings info
I mentioned on the Lemmings Challenge thread that deveria.com's info on the NES levels are very incomplete, so I'm thinking of filling it out myself.

It's still a work in progress, hardly any better than what's on deveria right now, but you can see it here:

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/neslemmings/nescodes.html

The screenshots I have are actually the level previews, which is why they are black and white.  The actual levels are in color.  It'll probably be a long while before I posted the full-size screenshots.  But at least the levle previews give you an idea about the level.

The level stats I thrown into the table because it's too much hassle to add it to the screenshots like alexis did on deveria.com.  Whenever you see just a bunch of 8 numbers for the skills, they are in the usual order of climber, floater, exploder, blocker, builder, basher, miner, digger.

Illegal ROM downloads should be pretty easy to find, just use Google.  It took me only like 15 minutes or so.  NES emulators are also pretty easy to find.
tseug
05 Dec 2005 01:10:31
Re: NES Lemmings info
You can get almost anything from romnation.net , that's where I got most of my emulators and ROMs.
05 Dec 2005 10:20:42
No new screenshots yet, but I now have filled in many of the table entries that are repeats of Fun levels (as I wouldn't need to make new screenshots for them), so the page now is at least starting to be more informative than deveria's.

I will resume work on this after finishing all of Taxing, currently on Taxing 9.
tseug
05 Dec 2005 10:51:06
Just wait until you hit Taxing 13, I've been stuck on that one for a while...

I got it. Maybe it just seemed hard because it's after 3:00AM...
05 Dec 2005 13:26:34
You sure are going thru the levels pretty fast!

Taxing 13 is definitely one of the trickier levels to think through.  One of the gems of the NES version I daresay.

Anyway, I'm only on Taxing 18 at this point (meaning not yet done with Taxing 18).  My efforts so far for Taxing 1-17:

Taxing 7: lose 1
Taxing 9: lose 2
Taxing 10: lose 1
Taxing 11: lose 4
05 Dec 2005 13:29:45
Taxing 7: lose 1
Taxing 9: lose 2
Taxing 10: lose 1
Taxing 11: lose 4

Whoops, these really should go under the challenge thread and not here.