Leviathan
30 Nov 2005 23:50:11
Weird builder trick
I managed to turn around a lemming on top of a steel area,and it's possible to do with just 2 builders and a digger.

Here's a screenshot of the basic idea on this...my next pack will certainly contain a level requiring this :)

ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest)
01 Dec 2005 00:08:17
Re: Weird builder trick
Does this require you to put the steel area in mid-air?  That's kinda frowned upon since the steel area won't be visible without peaking at the level construction at LemEdit.

I'm also somewhat confused since if I recall, when a digger hits steel he normally does not turn around......
tseug
01 Dec 2005 04:46:43
It looks like he built a few steps, dug so that some pixels of the last step remained, and then built into it. If that's correct then it could happen on any steel block, the only important thing is that the digger stops.
Shvegait
01 Dec 2005 05:36:17
Not marking where steel areas are is one thing, but requiring people to guess where they are in order to pass the level? Come on...
tseug
01 Dec 2005 06:25:16
I just said that the trick could happen on any steel block, being in mid air is irrelevant to the success of the trick. Levi also said that the screenshot shows only the basic idea, not a specific example of how it will be used in a level.
Leviathan
01 Dec 2005 07:06:28
It hasn't anything to do where the steel area is...but it won't work if the steel area is too big.
In this case the steel covers just the block,and nothing else.

Here's what I did:

-Build a few steps (at least 4)
-Dig away 3 pixels (one pixel remains mid air somewhere)
-Build again
-The builder turns around due to that one pixel that was sitting mid-air

By the way,for some reason it seems that this only works with builders going left to right...