Arabella(Guest)
05 Nov 2005 07:40:05
Help With Lemedit
I am having some difficulty loading Lemedit on my latest computer & was seeking help if its around please. I have used Lemedit some years ago on a much older computer & managed to edit & create without any trouble but it refuses to load on my updated PC.
When I begin to install, it goes through a couple of initial steps & the reads "Initializing clock driver..." then gives "FAILED" & I can go no further.

I did try the Lemedit2 but while it recognises the mouse it will not work well enough for me to do any editing or creating.

Any ideas - I'm sure lots of you lemmings lovers have encountered the same problem.

Cheers

Arabella
Jazzem
05 Nov 2005 10:57:17
Re: Help With Lemedit
Are you trying DOSbox? It's an emulator that emulates most DOS games, Lemedit and Custlemm included. The site appears to be down at the moment though...
Mindless
05 Nov 2005 15:48:26
...but it's still up for download -- DOSBox 0.63 win32
ccexplore (not logged in)(Guest)
05 Nov 2005 16:00:27
I am having some difficulty loading Lemedit on my latest computer & was seeking help if its around please. I have used Lemedit some years ago on a much older computer & managed to edit & create without any trouble but it refuses to load on my updated PC.

Windows XP no longer supports DOS, in a nutshell. ;) As others suggested, you need to use DOSBox, basically a DOS emulator for Windows.  You also need to use LemEdit2 together with DOSBox.
finlay
17 Nov 2005 16:58:52
If that doesn't work, there's a Lemedit3 which bypasses the clock altogether, which is the only way I could get it to work on the mac dosbox. But I doubt you'll have that problem, and I'm not sure whose it was either.