Isu
08 Oct 2005 20:57:28
Revolution: buy, or just view
I've seen Lemmings Revolution for sale in my local game shop, so I was wonderin', is it worth the £4.97 they're charging me?

When I look around in game shops I am often very reluctant to buy anything, because after I've got the thing home, the game actually doesn't match up to the value I paid for (Goldeneye-Rogue Agent at £37.99 is one prime example of this. I bought it, played it once, and haven't touched it since).
08 Oct 2005 21:52:14
Re: Revolution: buy, or just view
4.97 is pretty good compared to 37.99......are you sure you got that right? It seems odd that two games could have such different prices.....
Ahribar
08 Oct 2005 21:52:47
Well, Lemmings is rather old hat.........
Conway
08 Oct 2005 23:38:58
I got through most of Revolution. It's a fun game, almost as good as the original. I just wish there was a level editor. I'd say it's worth £4.97
JM
08 Oct 2005 23:39:41
Have you got any screenshots from the game to show?
Jazzem
09 Oct 2005 17:41:06
It's very fun, the music isn't all that, and the game lacks that charm of the original, but reccomended, especially for such a price.
LemSteven
09 Oct 2005 19:47:52
I agree with Jazzem's comments.  It's a good game with many new features, but the music and terrain isn't as good as the original.

Here's a brief description of the game:
The skills are the same as in the original.  Some of the new features include switches that can open/close gates or drain out pools of water, anti-gravity pads, bad guys, teleporters, and "water lemmings" that can walk on water.  The levels are cylindrical, which means the lemmings can walk all the way around in a circle in some levels.

I've beaten every level (though I got some help on a couple of them), and it is overall a pretty good game.  It is not quite as good as the original, though. Several of the harder levels have backroutes, and many of the solutions become obvious once you find out what all the switches do.  The original had a better variety of graphics sets, and although the music isn't too bad in my opinion, it doesn't compare to the original.

Overall, I'd say that Lemmings Revolution is definitely worth the money.  I don't know exactly what £4.97 is in American dollars, but I do know that it's a good price.
Jazzem
09 Oct 2005 20:02:54
At a very rough estimate, about $9.50, but feel free to prove me wrong.
ccexplore (not logged in)
09 Oct 2005 20:32:37
So it's $9.50 huh?  Given that most new games nowadays are like at least 3 or 4 times this price (if not 5-6), you have gotta be on food stamps to be worried about the priceworthiness of this game. ;) (A steak dinner at a restaurant would've probably exceeded that price.)
Isu
10 Oct 2005 17:38:01
(A steak dinner at a restaurant would've probably exceeded that price.)

Ha, I guess you're right.
I've gone and bought it, thanks to all the feedback on this topic. Although I'd say the information here is very biased, I had a quick go at it before my dinner, and I have to say, it's not half bad. I like the way the levels are sorted (and how you can choose your own 'path' through the levels). It sorta reminds me of Brix/Puzznic which had the same level progression system.
Mindless
10 Oct 2005 23:58:38
I'd say the information here is very biased...

:devil:

What can you expect from a Lemmings fan board? :P
drumnbach
13 Oct 2005 15:58:10
£4.97? I bought a copy from Gamestation for only £4.95. You've been had, my friend :P
Anatol
13 Oct 2005 16:10:30
I've never actually finished Lemmings Rev. I need to work on that... B)
Isu
14 Oct 2005 11:42:37
£4.97? I bought a copy from Gamestation for only £4.95. You've been had, my friend :P

What?
Nooo!!
:mikeangry:
Jazzem
14 Oct 2005 20:09:41

:devil:

What can you expect from a Lemmings fan board? :P

I apologize if my comments seemed so. Lemmings is one of my all time favourite games (My third, to be precise), so I may seem like that from time to time.

Oh, and I got it in a 3-for-£10 offer at GAME, so I therfore got it for £3.33 (With that little recurring dot). So there! :devil:
Adam
26 Oct 2005 20:35:04
£4.90 in the new game shop opened in the shopping centre, incidentally, it's called game shop.
Shvegait
27 Oct 2005 01:53:30
Game Shop, or GameStop? We have GameStop here in America, but I'm not sure how many stores they have outside the U.S.
Adam
27 Oct 2005 16:27:27
Game Shop.
ccexplore (not logged in)
27 Oct 2005 19:46:38
Hey Adam, you still haven't told us anything about this upcoming TV gig of yours.  Since a good number of us aren't even in the UK, care to say anything about it?
Adam
28 Oct 2005 16:36:25
I can't :( I've been told to keep it all quiet. I'm not TOO sure of the date yet, it'll be one afternoon in January.
Conway
28 Oct 2005 16:59:46
TV gig? Did I miss something?
drumnbach
28 Oct 2005 17:06:32
Come on Adam, it can be our little secret. This board aint traffic heavy. Come on, just a little hint...
Ahribar
28 Oct 2005 18:25:44
TV gig? Did I miss something?

Maybe you just aren't in the habit of noticing people's sigs.  :P
Conway
28 Oct 2005 18:27:11
I didn't know his sig was referring to himself.
Adam
28 Oct 2005 18:50:55
It's an hour long show.
Conway
28 Oct 2005 18:58:28
I live in the UK, but I don't have a TV license!  :-[
drumnbach
28 Oct 2005 20:18:32
He anounced it in a thread, but I can't remember which one. I predict it's the Cheapo Development thread.

Conway, fight the power!! Although you can still watch ITV 1 with no TV license. Well technically you could watch BBC 1 with no TV license, but they'll use their high tech spying equipment to get you.

Personally I reckon it's bad practice to leave their channels lying around, and then expect you to pay for them. It's like leaving a tasty pie on a wall down the street, and then when they find it's missing, they use military grade espionage equipment to track you down.

Edit: I was right, Adam's anouncement was in the cheapo thread. Right here. Serendipitously, it's the same page that links to my latest level pack, so have a go!
Mindless
29 Oct 2005 00:46:06
I live in the UK, but I don't have a TV license!  :-[

What's a TV license?  The only license I've ever needed is a driver's license.
Conway
29 Oct 2005 01:06:34
Mindless, here in the UK you need a license to recieve a TV reception. I think it costs about £130 per year.

Drumnbach, I'm sure it applies to ITV too.
drumnbach
29 Oct 2005 08:22:17
I always thought that because ITV was independent, ie it pays its bills via advertising, that a TV license was unnecessary.

I could be wrong.
Conway
29 Oct 2005 13:15:01
Anyway, the areal lead is in a different room from the TV. So it's not really worth setting it up just for an hour. I'll just have to find out what it was about here.
Winlemm
13 Nov 2005 10:48:11
I thought this was a revolution board.
At game in worcester in the uk you can get revolution-or could until i bought the last copy- and paintball for £4.99-3p more but on a 3 for 10 offer. they have got loads of good games in that sale, like patrician 3, the great escape (the newish one, not the 19 somthing rubbish 2d one) and black and white. the Game is in crowngate.