Leviathan
09 Aug 2005 17:16:44
The race against cliches
I'm stuck on that level for about 10 years now...the solution on The Lemmings Solution somehow always fails for me (running out of time or lems splatting).

I heared about another solution existing,can someone tell me more?
LemSteven
09 Aug 2005 18:25:03
Re: The race against cliches
I know of two ways to beat the level:

1.  Set the release rate to about 40 and make the first lemming climb the right wall.  Make the next 18 lemmings climb and float when they are walking left.  The last lemming climbs up the right wall.  The first climber builds when he is walking again so that he hits his head and turns around.  He also builds up to the platform on his left and bashes through the wall when he gets to it.  The last lemming does many of the same things that the first does.  Watch the lemmings down below -- they have to bash through a wall.  When the first lemming is done bashing, make him dig onto the last pillar.  Make him build up to the exit.  Hopefully, everybody else should make it in time.  (This is similar to the solution posted on "The Lemmings Solution")

2.  (Clearly a backroute) Make the first lemming dig next to the first pillar, then bash just before he breaks through at the bottom of the screen.  He should go under all of the pillars. The top of the basher's tunnel should break through before the second-last pillar, but the basher should keep going.  At this point, make somebody bash through this pillar, then climb over the last one.  He will build up to the exit.  When the basher gets past the last pillar and the top of his tunnel breaks through again, make him build so he stops.  Time is still short here, so use the remaining builders to keep the lemmings from going back too far to the right.

Hope this helps.
JM
09 Aug 2005 19:52:28
I can't remember how I completed the level.
Leviathan
25 Sep 2005 19:57:16
For some reason I still can't beat this level...I always end up doing something wrong,somewhere in the level :(
Except from "Save me" it's the most difficult level from the original lemmings and onml which requires to be pixel-precise...
finlay
29 Sep 2005 21:24:02
For some reason I still can't beat this level...I always end up doing something wrong,somewhere in the level :(
Except from "Save me" it's the most difficult level from the original lemmings and onml which requires to be pixel-precise...

But on the playstation I got the last bit in one try... it slightly infuriates me cos I think it's been made easier (and I think the mac version is superior).
Leviathan
23 Jan 2006 11:43:55
And still I haven't beaten it yet...the 3 minute time limit is just so mean :(

This level is far harder than FANL 2 or any level I've encountered in Genesis...
tseug
24 Jan 2006 00:08:04
Hey.... I should try it some time. :) ;)