Isu
08 Aug 2005 23:30:53
Hmm, Fake objects in Cheapo...
I was just trying to make a level in cheapo, but in order for the level to work, I need fake water. Now, I can get fake entrances, exits and traps, but when I try to get fake water it doesnt want to know. I can assign the water as fake, but when I play the level the lemmings still drown in it. My guess is that you can't have fake constant objects but, I don't know. Is there a way around this without creating a new style, since this level will be in Style Trial, I'd prefer to use this style.

the guest
08 Aug 2005 23:52:03
Re: Hmm, Fake objects in Cheapo...
Now, I can get fake entrances, exits and traps

That's interesting, since back when I helped Peter Spada port his levels from the first, older Cheapo to the current version, I remember very distinctly that fake exits don't work.

My guess is that you'll probably be out of luck on this, unless Peter knows something no one else knows.  Incidentally, is it really so necessary to use fake water?  To me, fake water is basically screaming "cheap trick" (and probably less effective, now that you mentioned here that it would be used  ;)), though of course you're free to make whatever kinds of level you feel like.
Isu
09 Aug 2005 05:27:33
Incidentally, is it really so necessary to use fake water?

In relation to the level title and what the level actually is supposed to resemble, then yes.

To me, fake water is basically screaming "cheap trick" (and probably less effective, now that you mentioned here that it would be used  ;)), though of course you're free to make whatever kinds of level you feel like.

No, it's for visual purposes only (Or to make the level look like what it is supposed to). However the water MUST be fake (as the lemmings fall into it). The water doesn't have to be there, but it adds to what the level is supposed to look like. Although I'll have to leave the water out if I can't sort it.
the guest
09 Aug 2005 08:43:23
Would pasting the graphics of the water as terrain be an acceptable solution?  Obviously it'll change the way the level plays a little (or maybe a lot), just wondering.
Isu
09 Aug 2005 18:17:51
The editor assumes that anything pasted that isn't black is terrain, and pasting it would mean that the lemmings would fall ONTO the water, Not through it. Also, the animation frames won't play. However, that is the best alterntive I've heard so far. Thanks.

Maybe, I could mix the object and terrain so that the water animation plays, while having terrain behind it, or somethin'. I know how to make invisible terrain in cheapo, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Shvegait
09 Aug 2005 23:46:47
Why don't you just make a new style that has a separate water object that is simply a decorative animation (Constant Harmless)?
the guest
09 Aug 2005 23:01:10
Why don't you just make a new style that has a separate water object that is simply a decorative animation (Constant Harmless)?

Because [color added for highlighting]

My guess is that you can't have fake constant objects but, I don't know. Is there a way around this without creating a new style, since this level will be in Style Trial, I'd prefer to use this style.
Shvegait
10 Aug 2005 00:32:13
I usually read entire posts, I swear X_X