tumble_weed
28 Jul 2005 09:53:37
PSP Lemmings Poll
Just wanting to see how many people are actually going to get this game, feel free to discuss your answer  :devil:
Isu
28 Jul 2005 12:12:55
Re: PSP Lemmings Poll
Probably, I need to save enough to buy both a PSP and a DS first...
Ahribar
28 Jul 2005 13:11:04
No way. I love Lemmings, but I'd never get a PSP just for that. Come to think of it, even if I did have a PSP I still wouldn't get it.

Lemmings is like Tetris: no matter how many times they clone it, the first version will always be the best.
Andi
28 Jul 2005 13:12:52
The PSP is too expensive.
DragonsLover
28 Jul 2005 16:10:29
Maybe... I'll see later...
LemSteven
29 Jul 2005 01:42:02
No way. I love Lemmings, but I'd never get a PSP just for that.

:agree:

I don't have a PSP, and I am not interested in buying one just for playing Lemmings, especially when I can play it on my computer for free.
tumble_weed
29 Jul 2005 12:59:00
Well if I did have a PSP I'd definitly get it...but when the PSPs come out here they'll be $400 so...uh...expensive...but at least the PSP looks good...
Isu
29 Jul 2005 16:49:28
Uh $400?
Roughly converted to british pounds thats about £275. I think I'll pass.
tumble_weed
29 Jul 2005 16:57:20
um Well that's AUD400 not US400

but still it would be nice to play lemmings with nice new graphics (which actually stay true to the original) plus new levels...
29 Jul 2005 17:03:34
but still it would be nice to play lemmings with nice new graphics (which actually stay true to the original)

Huh?  "stay true to the original"?  The last demo I've seen, the graphics are more different from the original than Cheapo's graphics are.  Oh, and looks like the game mechanics might be a little different too--the miner's mining angle looks a bit steeper.
Isu
29 Jul 2005 17:06:41
Yes, it did seem a bit expensive *uses converter*

$400.00       =  £172.50

So I was £100 out. It's still very expensive.
Argai
29 Jul 2005 20:55:02
I've voted: "No way!"

tumble_weed
30 Jul 2005 06:11:22

Huh?  "stay true to the original"?  The last demo I've seen, the graphics are more different from the original than Cheapo's graphics are.  Oh, and looks like the game mechanics might be a little different too--the miner's mining angle looks a bit steeper.

well I thinki they did a good job with the new graphics from what I've seen, they've stayed true to the original  themes...but just "updated" them...and its hard to comment exactly about cheapo styles...concidering that there are the original lemmings graphics for cheapo now...so in that case cheapo stays can stay true to the original depending on the graphics used.

Lemmings 3D - doesn't stay true to the original at all, as well as that the 3D graphics for the game wern't done that well (and a new skill was added - turner), although Lemmings 3D was still a very good game, some of the puzzles were very challenging.

Lemmings Paintball - for obvious reasons this isn't even remotely close to the original, gameplay or graphics wise, this is move of an action game than a puzzle game and you don't really have any "skills". So probably out of every Lemmings game this would be the least similar to the original.

Lemmings Revolution - The revolving style levels as well as the graphics (mostly flat and mechanic looking) are different from the original lemmings.

etc...

So I guess it's easy to understand now what I mean by it being similar to the original, anyway the game hasn't been released yet and of course anything could change between now and the release date, they still haven't shown us some screenshots of what the Hell style levels look like yet.
30 Jul 2005 19:55:38

well I thinki they did a good job with the new graphics from what I've seen, they've stayed true to the original  themes...but just "updated" them...<snip>

Oh ok I see.  But of course, this is supposed to be a remake, so that pretty much by your definition is going to "stay true to the original", unlike the other Lemming games you mentioned that are intended to be different from the original.

So, what's the targeted release date for the game?
tumble_weed
31 Jul 2005 09:22:29
well it would be a bit stupid to have it exactly the same with the original pixely graphics...right?

and i'm not sure of the reslease date...it will probably be later here in australia though, the PSP isn't even out here yet
Isu
31 Jul 2005 10:21:29
But it was the pixely graphics that made the first games so good. That might mean the precision required on some levels is all screwed up, but we'll have to wait and see.

The PSP is released in Europe, New Zealand and Australia on the 1st of September, so if lemmings is a launch title that is when we'll see it.

http://playstation.about.com/b/a/166229.htm
tumble_weed
31 Jul 2005 13:06:02
But it was the pixely graphics that made the first games so good. That might mean the precision required on some levels is all screwed up, but we'll have to wait and see.

I 100% agree with you there! But they wouldn't release anything now that could be described as "pixely"...which I guess sorta makes me sad  :-[...Pretty much all of my favourite games are "pixely"...

But still the graphics look good for what they are...honestly when i first heard that there was a new lemmings game i was afraid we were going to get some weird 3D action game involving a mixture of blowing up aliens and rpg style gameplay with elements of puzzles here and there with a "Lemmings" title slapped on it...or something creepy like that.

but i was pretty happy when i saw that it was sticking to the original game, but yeah i agree, some of the levels involving pixel precision will probably be ruined...and what about the special levels?