drumnbach
05 Jun 2005 17:21:43
December 7th - National Lemmings Day
Every December 7th*, bricklayers, scafolders and other such labourers you might see in the street, are at their liberty to dress up like those adorable lemmings from Psygnosis’ Lemmings series.

Both adults and children will delight in seeing giant, fully-grown lemmings laying rows of bricks in the street, just like in the video games. Traffic wardens working in busy cities will stand in the middle of the road, arms out to either side, tapping their feet and keeping vigil.

There will always be those wishing to ruin Lemmings Day for others, though. Police will have to keep on the look out for over-enthusiastic school children jumping out of windows, armed with only bright yellow umbrellas to slow their falls. Citizens will be on their honour not to try and scale every wall that they happen across, and we’ll not even talk about the religious extremists (oh no!)

*December 7th marks the release of Holiday Lemmings for the PC, in 1991.
Conway
05 Jun 2005 18:31:27
Re: December 7th - National Lemmings Day
Okaaaay . . .  :???:
Timballisto
05 Jun 2005 19:26:22

Huh?  I don't get it.  Do you mean to say that this thing is already implemented or is it just a crazy idea?
05 Jun 2005 19:44:12
(......And special_gunpowder was teasing about my inability to recognize a joke?!?!?!)

Though it would be more effective if you've actually posted it on Dec 7.
Shvegait
05 Jun 2005 20:14:31
C'mon people!, you should know by now that anything posted by Ben is just a joke...

Yes, it would've been more effective if posted closer to the date, but it's still funny  :D
AstralLemming
06 Jun 2005 17:45:32
Oh my lord... I nearly died laughing when I read that. If only... :devil:
Timballisto
07 Jun 2005 17:37:27
December 7th would be a bit cold.  I'd rather it were in the fall, so the lemmings costumes wouldn't be too hot or too cold.
Matto
07 Jun 2005 17:43:17
I think that wud actually be a cool idea!  :D
(Doubt it would actually ever EVER happen though!  :-/)
Special_Gunpowder
08 Jun 2005 14:31:20
December 7th would be a bit cold.  I'd rather it were in the fall, so the lemmings costumes wouldn't be too hot or too cold.

Yeah, but that's like saying "What would you rather be crushed by? An icicle or a boulder?"
AstralLemming
23 Jun 2005 20:28:58
Personally, I think it would be a litle more... well, commemorative(one of the few words I have trouble spelling) if it was on the date of the first public release of the original. I think that's more of a landmark event than Xmas Lemmings coming out.
drumnbach
24 Jun 2005 15:05:43
You're probably right, though I was thinking it makes sense having a Lemmings Holiday based on Holiday Lemmings :D

Does anybody know when the original Lemmings was first released?
tumble_weed
24 Jun 2005 15:38:39
According to Mike's website it was on 14th February 1991

...sorry guys, I think that day's already been taken...