Timballisto
05 Mar 2005 22:04:48
Identity stuff
Mkay.  So, this Pyrotech guy is basically Lem Lem reincarnated.  Don't kill him just yet!  Hold on!  He's promised to take this whole thing a little more seriously now...okay, a lot more.  He just wants his old identity removed scince he can't remember his password for it.
Andi
06 Mar 2005 19:51:26
Re: Identity stuff
That's ok. But I won't delete it, because I heard of a bug with deleted accounts.
Lemka
08 Mar 2005 00:06:05
Is it still a problem if the user deletes themself? If not, you could always give him his password, and have him take care of it on his own.
Conway
08 Mar 2005 22:44:56
Isn't there a way to have your password e-mailed to you, by clicking 'Forgot Password' and entering your username?
Andi
09 Mar 2005 16:28:42
As far as I know not, but every user has an ID-No. After a user is deleted this No. is free and will be used for the next user who will register. This user ID also activates/disactivates the edit button for posts. So the next could probably edit his posts. I dunno if this bug ist still in this version, but I don't want any risks.
And if he want to use the account again, then he shall write me pm over his new account.
Conway
10 Mar 2005 01:20:32
I've just done some testing, and it is completely possible for the board to e-mail to your registered e-mail account your password by clicking the link by the login boxes, and typing your username.

It is also possible to delete one's own account (as I have just done with a temporary test account), and it is not possible for the next user to edit or remove the posts of the last deleted user, even if they register with the same username, e-mail address password!
Andi
11 Mar 2005 22:17:56
Thanks for that!