Timballisto
28 Jan 2005 20:18:28
I Have a Cunning Plan...
I have a bit of an idea on how to attract new members.  I started a topic on Qbasic.  Did you notice how many people showed up to talk with me about it?  Well, maybe if we cover more broad ranges of topics, people will come and join the forum.  Then, they'll hopefully become curious about Lemmings, and take a look at it, and then-Wala!  New Lemmings fan and board member! :D :D :D

However, we must be careful.  If we start a Halo topic, or a topic about some other extremely popular game, then the Lemmings forum may become dominated by talk about other subjects!!!  Even if the General discussionboard is invincible to this, it will still feel weird I think.
Conway
28 Jan 2005 22:28:25
Re: I Have a Cunning Plan...
Cool idea! What other discussions do you suggest?
Andi
28 Jan 2005 22:29:01
Well, I made this forum as a Lemmings-Forum and currently I want to keep it as a Lemmings-Forum. Doesn't sound too bad, but maybe in the future.

And if you add too much topics after a while it would look weird. The Lemmings-Part would go under. No one would understand the lemmings-graphics.
Lemka
28 Jan 2005 23:57:24
We already have the Other Games area. Wouldn't that be enough?
Timballisto
29 Jan 2005 20:43:06
Umm...yeah, I guess so.  Hm.  This is hard to decide on: Do or do not.  What to do.  Heh, polls for  everyone. :D
Lemka
31 Jan 2005 04:19:07
Then I'd have to say 'no'. If you think that'll really help, than I believe the Other Games forum should suffice. And Off-Topic as well.

And... well, personally, I don't really like large forums. I kinda prefer not having very many people. I don't truly like things getting too large and busy.

I think it's a reasonably good idea, though. Maybe if we get desperate. :P
Timballisto
01 Feb 2005 23:11:23
Hmm...well, the poll speaks for itself.

Alright, I guess this idea is gone.

I didn't intend to flood the forum with members, I just wanted it to have more people.  This way you wouldn't have to wait a day or two for a new post(s).
Lemka
02 Feb 2005 19:15:36
Ah, but if the people we have posted more, it would accomplish the same thing. No?  :P
Timballisto
02 Feb 2005 21:09:37
Yes, this is true, but no one can really stay on long enough to.  It's complicated, I think.