Louise
08 Sep 2004 22:37:50
Getting a stick swung at ya!
You'll never guess what I did today.

I had a stick swung at my head by a guy at least twice as big as me! AND I blocked it effectively, AND did a nice little twist-and-flick thingie that ... very nearly worked. But didn't. So the poor guy had to show me all over again.

I had my first ever Ju Jitsu lesson!  B) We were learning about all the different things you can do if someone attacks you with a stick - although apparently the same principle applies to a baseball bat or glass bottle. The guy I was working with was absolutely huge though, (and I'm actually quite small,) so with some of the moves we had to figure out adjustents so they would still work. But I still managed to incapacitate the poor bloke, and apparently nearly broke his wrist.  X_X
Anatol
09 Sep 2004 01:11:15
Re: Getting a stick swung at ya!
Yikes! I hope never to meet you in a dark alley!
G3K
09 Sep 2004 07:00:55
Personally I prefer the "full-force-kick-where-it-hurts" technique, but yours sounds way cooler and probably far more effective, Louise :D
Andi
09 Sep 2004 07:32:35
And it doesn't make so much noise like a gun. But maybe with a silencer? :D
Conway
09 Sep 2004 09:38:59
Ha-ha! It's true, and I'll be attending the sessions with her. Anyone know any good techniques?

Andi, I don't think we'll be using guns! O_o
Andi
09 Sep 2004 11:14:54
I didn't said that. I simply mean your Ju Jitso is less noisy than defending with a gun.
Timballisto
10 Sep 2004 00:50:29
I practice grabbing sticks and rods of all kinds from people threatening me (namely my brother and friends), so I'm quite good at it, and can always turn the tables in a fight.  Same thing with when someone grabs my arms.  I just do a quick little twisty move, twist their arm off, and grip mine around theirs!  ;)
dumb_lem
10 Sep 2004 01:00:20
in fencing, as long as the other opponet is dumb enough to not grab my sword, i'm ok.(or in otherwords, i know only a few parries, dodges,ect...i can do intimidating twirly stuff though,!)
Lemeri
14 Sep 2004 13:53:19
I never have seen the point of defined and planned out moves in sword combat. They often don't fit whatever situation you need, and your opponent my know the same ones and thus be able to anticipate it and destroy you.
Andi
14 Sep 2004 15:49:34
This is why you have to be better than you opponent, or at least as good as you opponent. Then you two will collaps at the same time and no one wins or loses. But sword combat must be cool.
Conway
17 Sep 2004 17:45:50
Not if you get your head cut off! =8O
Andi
17 Sep 2004 19:16:13
Yeah. That's a problem. :D
Ice_Eagle91
18 Sep 2004 14:08:39
Don't cut her head off!!!! :x
Andi
18 Sep 2004 15:32:47
Sorry, but you gave me the idea Icey. :D

Of course I'm just kidding. ;P
Ice_Eagle91
18 Sep 2004 15:37:40
:x

[glb]Uh...that was a real bad one...[/glb]

G3K
18 Sep 2004 16:11:45
Oh my god Icey! You just offended me! Puke is an extremely offensive word! :'(
Ice_Eagle91
18 Sep 2004 17:14:24
:disagree:

G3K!!!! Puke is not an offending word. It means vomit! If you think I'm offending you, I did not know that! So please do not ban me! I will not write that word agaain, okay! But puke means to vomit! I did not know! You not only made me disgraced!
G3K
18 Sep 2004 20:18:06
Someone got up on the "no sense of humour" side of the bed today.
Conway
18 Sep 2004 21:16:21
Do you have any sense of humour at all, Icey? X_X G3K was obviously mocking your oversensitive attitude towards slang terms and non-formal language. You certainly won't get banned for using the word 'puke', or indeed any other word that I know of as long as your posts aren't full of mindless expletives. And why all the freakin' exclamation marks?!!!!!
Louise
18 Sep 2004 23:38:21
I never have seen the point of defined and planned out moves in sword combat. They often don't fit whatever situation you need, and your opponent my know the same ones and thus be able to anticipate it and destroy you.

There's a similar problem in martial arts. Today Conway and I were practising with this kid, and he was trying to teach Conway how to block a straight punch. Conway was rubbish at it, and pointed out that even if he could do it properly, what if the oponent did a right hook? To which the kid said ... 'Well ... he might ... but then he also might do a straight punch. So you should learn this one.' Hmm. The instructor guy is a bit better though - when I ask him a 'what if' question, he'll go 'You'd do this (demonstrates with random victim, too fast for me to follow) - but we'll be covering that later.' Leaving me hoping I won't get in a fight until we've covered it, else I'll be standing there saying to my attacker 'Stand there a minute ... I'm trying to remember how to wrist-chuck you ...' lol.  

And apparently, the answer to 'what if my opponent also knows JuJitsu' is: a) be quicker and better at it than he is, or b) run away very fast.  :D
Ice_Eagle91
26 Sep 2004 03:34:44
Do you have any sense of humour at all, Icey? X_X G3K was obviously mocking your oversensitive attitude towards slang terms and non-formal language. You certainly won't get banned for using the word 'puke', or indeed any other word that I know of as long as your posts aren't full of mindless expletives. And why all the freakin' exclamation marks?!!!!!

:'( :'( :'(

That was a mean tirade, Conway! And it includes one insult! And one bad word!

[glb]No really.[/glb]

G3K...about my sense of humor...I often laugh at funny stuff, but when you told me that puke was an extremely offending word, I felt like I was really offending you! I didn't know that it was just a joke! :-/
Lemka
27 Sep 2004 00:36:10
It seemed like rather obvious sarcasm to me.

And that's a very neat picture, Andi. I like it [Let me guess -- 'I would'] XD