Anatol
04 Sep 2004 20:34:56
level organization
Does anyone understand how Lemmings decides in what order to put the levels from the level packs (not in Custom, but in the original)? They seem to be randomly organized? :???:
DragonsLover
07 Sep 2004 15:56:03
Re: level organization
Well... I don't know!

But maybe they created levels, then decided to put them in a specific order. It is what I guess...
Conway
08 Sep 2004 13:30:52
They're not completely randomised. I mean, Rendezvous at the Mountain is considerably harder than Just Dig!
piainp2
17 Oct 2004 13:02:26
I think that psygnosis done the harder levels first (taxing,mayhem) then the easier Fun and tricky counterparts were designed after. It seems that the "oddtable.dat" file contains all the fun/tricky repeats.

EDIT: Actually I have no idea how levels are arranged in the packs, I just save my level over the level in the place I want my level in.
JM
14 Jul 2005 23:59:44
I have no idea how they arrange levels in the packs.They arranged the levels in a weird way in ONML.

They probably did design the Taxing/Mayhem levels firsts before desiging the Fun/Tricky levels.
Ahribar
15 Jul 2005 07:54:39
Yes, they did. Except, I think, for the training levels (1-7 Fun).
JM
17 Jul 2005 20:55:56
Would be fun if you would be able to edit any part of the Original Lemmings game.Organize levels a different way,Add a new rating Sunsoft whatever,Reduce number of levels in rating etc
Ahribar
18 Jul 2005 01:27:12
With ResEdit (on the Mac) you can change the order of the levels -- and the number of skills and level statistics. That was how I first got into level designing.....
JM
18 Jul 2005 11:41:05
That is brilliant.I wished you could do that for the PC Version.
Insane Steve
18 Jul 2005 17:49:36
Actually, if I remember correctly, ResEdit only allows you to alter the tasks and the like of the Lemmings game itself. It doesn't allow you to design actual brand new levels.
18 Jul 2005 18:29:46
It doesn't allow you to design actual brand new levels.

...as if that matters for JM......  ;P
Ahribar
19 Jul 2005 01:27:02
Actually, if I remember correctly, ResEdit only allows you to alter the tasks and the like of the Lemmings game itself. It doesn't allow you to design actual brand new levels.

If you open the Lemmings game itself in ResEdit, yes. But if you open the "Levels" file, you can alter the levels......