just curious  :???:
Anatol
30 Aug 2004 02:30:03
Re: Pet Poll
hm...two bunnies?
Andi
30 Aug 2004 07:28:56
I have some fishes. But my brother has a budgie.
hydraboxdog
30 Aug 2004 13:09:11
I have a bunny and want to get a hedgehog or a fox (I wish!) ;P
Lemeri
30 Aug 2004 13:47:42
I used to have a hampster, but now I have no pet.
Timballisto
30 Aug 2004 13:49:57
What's with the "(bleh)" ?  I've got five cats (two at my mom's, three (outside) cats at my dads.)
Lemeri
30 Aug 2004 14:00:30
I'd like to have a cat. The dog next doors is taken straight from the cast for 'The hound of the Baskervilles'
G3K
30 Aug 2004 15:06:23
I've got a goldfish (goes by the name of Melville), two rats (Bill and Ben, really my dad's, but pretty cool anyhow) and a rabbit... whose name I forget just now <.<;;
Lemka
30 Aug 2004 16:04:57
No pet right now. I'd like a hampster (or pretty much any sort of rodent), snake, or cat. Especially the cat. I like cats.

And I want to destroy all the dogs on this planet. Starting with the aforementioned one next door.
Conway
30 Aug 2004 19:32:08
Personally, I have no pets. However, I live with two dogs, one rabbit and four rats. I used to have hamsters and guinea pigs too.
dark_phoenix
31 Aug 2004 00:28:56
No pet right now. I'd like a hampster (or pretty much any sort of rodent), snake, or cat. Especially the cat. I like cats.

And I want to destroy all the dogs on this planet. Starting with the aforementioned one next door.

huh. i want to destroy all the CATS on the planet. (except for ones that get along with rabbits, birds, etc.) they're plain old KILLERS. just running along, murdering bunnies that aren't fast enough; mauling unsuspecting birds. that's cats for you.
dark_phoenix
31 Aug 2004 00:31:51
oh, and they dont just kill quickly without much pain. they play with them. torturing the poor things. then when they get tired of them, just abandon them to die slowly in their suffering and misery.
Andi
31 Aug 2004 07:32:35
And what does mankind do???

Cat's kill them to eat them, but there are many kids who kill animals for fun!
We build giant ships full of oil which are not safe and drive them over the sea. Sometimes they get get damaged and THEN it's a painful way for the animals to die!
We pollute the rivers and lakes. THAT'S a painful way to die for the animals!
We burn down the trees in the rainforest and destroy their home. THAT will cause a painfuil death!

So do you want to kill us, too?

BTW, have you ever seen a cat doing this?
dark_phoenix
31 Aug 2004 21:11:34
no, cats DO NOT eat them.  i know some kids do that. they are cruel and apparently have nothing better to do. people do bad stuff too. im not like people from PETA, im not going that far, and im not going to kill people. cats dont have enough brains (or hands) to go around chopping trees down.
Andi
31 Aug 2004 21:32:32
It's the fault of the people why cats do that. They still have the instinct to hunt, but they are no more hungry, because they have enough food at their "home".

BTW, it does not care if you cut down trees or not. It cares what you buy. If you buy something you'll support something. If you buy Nike shoes you support slave-like-factories. If you buy things that have grown in the area at the rainforest, you may also support the cut down of it.
G3K
31 Aug 2004 21:55:10
Hear hear Andi.
Insane_Steve
31 Aug 2004 22:25:47
What if you have a pet human? I don't see that option on the list.
Lemka
31 Aug 2004 22:37:48
That would probably be 'other'.
hydraboxdog
31 Aug 2004 23:18:47
a pet human would practically be slavery. O_o
Insane_Steve
01 Sep 2004 00:38:18
a pet human would practically be slavery. O_o

There -is- a difference -- a slave realises that they are a slave, and can also make decisions (Albeit limited ones) for themselves.

A pet human, however, is unable to do anything (Well, anything that requires concious thought) without first being told so by whoever owns the pet. You know, just like any other pet, except this one happens to be of the same species as you. Think "hypnotic trance" -- but without the hypnosis.

[Don't ask me WHERE I come up with these arguments. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to feed my pet.]
Anatol
01 Sep 2004 02:11:20
It seems to me that a slave is just a human pet that you treat really poorly.
DragonsLover
02 Sep 2004 02:27:04
We have a dog. But before, we got some other dogs, a cat, a rabbit, birds, a small roden that I killled (I'll never forget this bad moment :'( ) and I hope to get a snake or a lizard.
dark_phoenix
02 Sep 2004 20:26:09
oh. :-( what happened with the small rodent?
Mr. Ksoft
03 Sep 2004 10:58:15
And me- I have at least 60 fish in my house. Our family is crazy for fish- they are easy to take care of, and don't make noise. Because of this, we have 4 fish tanks. We got fish because we can't get furry pets: My brother is allergic to them. We are thinking about getting an iguana, but no decisions have been made.
DragonsLover
03 Sep 2004 17:02:32
I killed it... I don't want to explain... I was young, so I didn't know what I did. I regret what I did. :-(
Conway
03 Sep 2004 20:09:30
Interesting discussion about human pets! Anyway, 'pet' doesn't necessarily mean 'subordinate'. Most pet cats run the streets in the evening, and sometimes overnight. If it wanted, it could easily run away. It's not trained like a dog either, and it's not expected to work. Yet you welcome it into your home whenever it wants. If you can still define a cat as a 'pet', so could you define a human friend or a spouse.

Dragon, maybe it's best that we don't know how you killed your small rodent! O_o

edit: Here are some pictures of the two dogs in my house:

http://benjconway.hollosite.com/pictures/gemma.jpg
http://benjconway.hollosite.com/pictures/penny.jpg
http://benjconway.hollosite.com/pictures/penny2.jpg
http://benjconway.hollosite.com/pictures/penny3.jpg
http://benjconway.hollosite.com/pictures/penny4.jpg
dark_phoenix
04 Sep 2004 00:14:10
I killed it... I don't want to explain... I was young, so I didn't know what I did. I regret what I did. :-(

sorry i asked  :-(
G3K
04 Sep 2004 00:37:07
Both Conway's dogs look dead in a bizzarely cute way XD
Conway
04 Sep 2004 11:17:59
Louise
04 Sep 2004 11:29:52
A pet human, however, is unable to do anything (Well, anything that requires concious thought) without first being told so by whoever owns the pet. You know, just like any other pet, except this one happens to be of the same species as you. Think "hypnotic trance" -- but without the hypnosis.

Wubbish!  ;P  I've got a pet dog, and four pet rats, and they are all very autonomous. They do lots of conscious thought, and if I tell them to do something, it's kind of random (and also depends on if I've got food at the time) whether they do it or not.

Definition according to Dictionary.com:
Pet
n.

1. An animal kept for amusement or companionship.
  2. An object of the affections.
  3. A person especially loved or indulged; a favorite: the teacher's pet.

adj.

1. Kept as a pet: a pet cat.
        1. Particularly cherished or indulged: a pet grandchild.
        2. Expressing or showing affection: a pet name.
  3. Being a favorite: a pet topic.

.... So it can include a person!  B)
Andi
04 Sep 2004 11:32:06
I can remember I draw a pic containing a lemming holding a real lemming like a pet.

But I don't know where it is gone.
G3K
04 Sep 2004 11:53:33
Forgive me for saying this, Conway and Louise, but your dogs seem terribly lazy, especially Penny XP
Andi
04 Sep 2004 17:18:20
But they are cute. ;P
Lemka
06 Sep 2004 18:01:47
If you like dogs, that's possible.
Ice_Eagle91
26 Sep 2004 03:18:15
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your dogs are SO cute, Conway and Louise!   :) :) :) :) :) :)
Louise
26 Sep 2004 23:55:01
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your dogs are SO cute, Conway and Louise!   :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yeah, aren't they just?!  B)

(btw, thank you everyone for not commenting on the one with me in as well, i.e. saying 'is Louise really that ugly?'!)