Streetlight Admnistrator
28 Aug 2004 03:24:50
Walkthroughs
Here's a big tip: Always write one, even if you don't plan to release it. I'm lucky that I did for Ultimate Challenge 6, as I completely forgot how to pass Oblivion 4, and tried everything but couldn't remember... I didn't check the walkthrough yet, but fortunately I have it in case I can't remember.
Anatol
28 Aug 2004 12:54:28
Re: Walkthroughs
I've had that problem before myself!
JM
14 Jul 2005 23:54:56
Insane Steve wrote walkthroughs for most of his levels.
Insane Steve
15 Jul 2005 04:31:21
I stopped writing walkthroughs, like, halfway though pack #7, because... well, I got kind of lazy. Fortunately, I can remember how to pass every level in #7, #8, #9, and the couple levels I made in #10.

By the way, a moot point, but the last post in this thread was almost a year ago... try not to revive threads this old, ok? Thanks.
Ahribar
15 Jul 2005 08:58:19
Hmm, why not? There doesn't seem to be any harm in it. And on the other message board I'm part of I've never seen anyone have a problem with it.
Insane Steve
15 Jul 2005 20:13:24
By contrast, every message board I post on is against reviving thread without posts for a while. Then again, every other board I go to is somewhat bigger. I guess there's no real harm to it.
15 Jul 2005 20:28:59
It's a matter of how much normal traffic you get.

You see, on most boards, this included, whenever there's a new post, the thread gets moved to the top of the list.

So if you keep reviving old threads, they could easily push down some other newer topics down the list of threads, possibly even off the first page of listed threads if traffic is that high.  For boards with high and frequent traffic this is frowned upon for obvious reason, especially considering that high and frequent traffic often implies that old threads are probably no longer of anyone's interest, and so having it take up valuable space on the top of the list of threads is almost a little like spam.

I think it's tolerable for this board though since it isn't high-traffic by any stretch of imagination.